Bulbs are cheap, easy, and happy harbingers of spring, so what’s not to love? And there’s SO much more to them than the few common types we see everywhere, so I urge you to explore the options. And to read real gardeners’ experiences with different bulbs, the best source on earth is the plant profiles at Daves Garden. Just put a plant name in the “Search Plants” function you see on the right. More photos of flowering bulbs can be found by using Google Images (a great resource!)
Articles on this Site
Reblooms from Tulips — Get your Tips Here! lists the best types for reblooms the next year, and how to treat ‘em right for best performance.
Stories from the Garden
- Eight Reasons I Must Have Bulbs will win you over — or nothing will.
- Spring Bulbs: Hybrid, Species or Native asks questions I wouldn’t have thought to ask.
- Bulbiferous Thoughts opened my eyes to bulbs I’d never thought about before.
- My own attempts to design with tulips are chronicled in installments one, two, three and four.
- And how about summer-blooming Oriental and Asiatic bulbs? A lily-lovers weighs here. And here’s a great source of super-cheap lilies.
- Planting bulbs can be so much easier than I thought. I learned how from other bloggers, and the full report is here.