- Start with How to Water Your Garden — because doing it wrong is how most people kill their plants.
- “Everything you need to know about watering” in Slate Magazine is another good overview of how-to’s.
- 7 Principles of Xeriscaping by Lise Mahnke
- The drought of 2007 got me ranting to the readers of my newspaper column in this piece: What, Me Water? A Cautionary Tale and Rant.
- Here’s a recent and terrific newspaper article about the many ways we can adjust to increasing and worsening droughts.
- I chronicled my own experiences of adapting to drought, and Amy Stewart continued the discussion. Don’t miss the great comments to both articles.
- WaterConserve.org is a good source of info.
- Here’s NC State’s compilation of Water Conservation information.
About Rain Gardens and Rain Barrels
- My Rain Barrel Round-Up combines information from real-life rain barrel users across the country with my own research.
- Here’s a nonprofit site with great info on rain gardens.
- This University of Rhode Island site has more good links.
About Green Roofs
- Green Roofs.Org is an industry group and a good place to find suppliers.